"Once upon a time, many thousands of years ago... It is a golden age of luxury and plenty, provided by powerful magic. All too powerful, for the mana which powers the wizards' spells is fast running out. An ancient sorcerer known only as the Warlock is the first to discover that magicians must make do with less and less in a world in which the magic is going away. This series takes a logical, scientific approach to magic — just what you'd expect from a master of hard-SF."
Stories in This UniverseEdit
- Not Long Before the End
- Unfinished Story #1
- What Good Is a Glass Dagger?
- The Magic Goes Away
- The Lion in His Attic
- The Wishing Game
- The Portrait of Daryanree the King
- The Burning City
- Burning Tower
THE WARLOCK'S ERA: SHARED UNIVERSE STORIESEdit
Other authors have been invited to write stories set in The Warlock/Magic Universe series; two collections, both edited by Larry Niven, have been published.
The Magic May ReturnEdit
- Not Long Before the End - Larry Niven
- Earthshade - Fred Saberhagen
- Manaspill - Dean Ing
- "...but fear itself" - Steven Barnes
- Strength - Poul Anderson & Mildred Downey Broxon
- The Lion in His Attic - Larry Niven
- Shadow of Wings - Bob Shaw
- Talisman - Larry Niven & Dan Girard
- Mana from Heaven - Roger Zelazny